Saturday, June 30, 2007

Musical Mystery

Bits of random lyrics sometimes strike me. Walking through the grocery store today I heard a song that pulled my mind to Subway, closing the store ten years ago as a Sandwich artist. The lyrics are what grab me when any song plays, striking a deep chord of truth. Clark and I would always hear the song Closing Time at Subway and I loved the lyric:

"One last call for alcohol so finish your whiskey or beer,
closing time you don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

I love what that says, its not profound or deep, but simple and true. I don't like entire song and never have, but there are millions of lyrics out there, that bring grins to faces that only you understand. Special moments you share internally when in the store, or car.

I thought about finding good in everything we can, even a crappy song with a few good lines.

1 comment:

Les said...

"even in a crappy song with a few good lines."

A lesson to be learned here.

Thanks to this weekend everytime I hear "I See a Darkness" I'm gonna think of brother Nick.

"then we can stop our whoring and pull the smiles inside, and light it up forever, And never go to sleep. My best unbeaten brother, this isn't all I see."